Happy Birthday To The Byronic Mom

June 6, 2012

Just a quick note on a personal side: Today is my mom’s birthday, so I thought I’d say a quick happy birthday to one of my very first subscribers.

I few interesting facts about my mother:

1. She has taken tap-dancing lessons.

2. She once booked a trip to England on a whim.

3. She’s seen Miles Davis play live.

4. When she decided to go back to college, she asked if I wanted to come with her while she got her PhD, and I asked, “Do I have to wait in the car?” Β (okay, that’s more of an interesting fact about what a cute little kid I was, but still…)

5. I’m pretty sure she was accused of being a communist when she was in high school.

6. She’s written a murder mystery

7. When I was little she was so afraid that some day I’d be forced to go to war that she told me that I was a pacifist and if anyone ever tries to draft me, to tell them that. Β I didn’t know what that was, but I knew I was one.

And, of course, there’s much more – but I just wanted to put up a quick happy birthday because she’s my mom and I like her.

27 Comments on “Happy Birthday To The Byronic Mom”

1. Elyse Says:

Anyone who was accused of being a commie sounds fascinating to me. Happy Birthday Bryonic Mom! Many more!

2. Soma Mukherjee Says:

This is so sweet.
    Hey Your mom wrote a murder mystery,share it man,atleast mail it to me..i am a big thriller/horror addict..If it has being published tell me the name..wow she is so cool
    Hey convey my regards and best wishes to your Super cool Mom πŸ™‚
    A Birthday Card for her πŸ™‚

3. Dounia Says:

She sounds like a very interesting woman! πŸ™‚ Wishing her a very happy birthday!

4. mary i Says:

Happy Birthday dearest mom of cool blogger son. Yes please what is the name of Your book?? Share Please. Have a great trip when you go.Maybe a video of your tap dancing. Hello from Alabama πŸ™‚

5. Go Jules Go Says:

Happy birthday to Mrs. B-Man! She done good.

And I totally want to read that murder mystery.

• Go Jules Go Says:

Whoops – Mrs. B Man sounded right in my head. But that would have to be your wife’s nickname. Hmm. I still want to call your mom Mrs. B. It sounds like a mom name. I’d be that annoying neighbor kid, like Kimmy Gibler. “Hey, Mrs. B! I’m about to annoy the crap out of you!”

6. mj monaghan Says:

Nicely done, B-Man.

Good karma always comes from “mom-props” as I call them. πŸ™‚

7. madtante Says:

Mum sounds alright. I was beaten up for being a Communist — and a Satanist. Neither were correct but ya know…

8. ghfool Says:

People that write murder mysteries are usually killers themselves…not that there’s anything wrong with that.

9. Valentine Logar Says:

I think I adore your mother. I bet she never ever ever said ‘come here so I can tear a knot in that narrow azz’.

Happy Birthday Byronic Mom!!

10. Angie Z. Says:

Happy birthday to B-mom! Funny, I just posted birthday wishes to my husband today — although you were a lot more nice in your post than I was. Your mom sounds like a peach!

I think the scariest thing for me with having a son is worrying about him going to war. Not something you think will ever cross your mind until you see this little innocent boy that you’d take a bullet for. (And then with having a daughter you mostly just fret over crappy boys.)

11. Deborah the Closet Monster Says:

I like your mom, too, at least from what I know about her. I’m also a little envious about that #3, but not so envious I don’t want to wish her a happy birthday–I do, and am (hereby)!

12. skippingstones Says:

Happy Birthday, Byronic Mom (soon to be Byronic Grandma)!

13. Archon's Den Says:

I lke your Mom too. I like most Moms, except for the doper who forgot her kid on the roof of the car. At least you just got left in the car while she went in to get a PhD.

14. thesinglecell Says:

Happy birthday, Byronic Mom!

15. psychowatcher Says:

Happy Birthday to your mom.

πŸ™‚

16. 1pointperspective Says:

Interesting people seldom come from boring parents. As such we can expect great and wondrous things from your child as well. Happy B-Day, B-Mom!

17. Life With The Top Down Says:

Happy Birthday to your momma and many more…she is indeed cool.

18. susielindau Says:

Send her happy birthday wishes from the wild rider!

19. Roshni Says:

Happy Birthday to the awesome Byronic Mom! πŸ™‚

I hope B-Mom had a great birthday! You are a good son, B-man.

21. From Pupa to Flight Says:

It is not how many years you have lived but how much life you have put in those years. Three cheers and a happy birthday to your mom!

22. pegoleg Says:

Happy Byronic Mom’s Birthday! If the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, we have to assume she’s a very special apple tree.

23. Audrey Says:

Happy birthday to your mama! She sounds pretty fab even from those few tidbits. πŸ™‚

24. benzeknees Says:

Your mum sounds like a pretty cool lady, I hope you really appreciate her! It sounds like you do – devoting a post to her birthday

25. happykidshappymom Says:

It’s always so interesting to see the facts children remember about their parents. We hear stories all the time, bits and pieces of a life that existed before we did, and the gems that stick in the mind of the child — tell more about the personality of the parent than a full-length biography might. These are wonderful gems you’ve remembered about your mother. Happy Birthday to her! Whatever happened to the murder mystery?

26. tedstrutz Says:

Oops…misread the title and thought it was just another one of your pathetic attempts to gain attention… by throwing a party for yourself. I know my Mom would have been my first subscriber had she been alive… Moms are like that.

Your Mom sounds very cool. Please give her my regards… no wait, she reads your blog… Happy Birthday, Byronic Mom… from Ted