Just a quick note on a personal side: Today is my mom’s birthday, so I thought I’d say a quick happy birthday to one of my very first subscribers.
I few interesting facts about my mother:
1. She has taken tap-dancing lessons.
2. She once booked a trip to England on a whim.
3. She’s seen Miles Davis play live.
4. When she decided to go back to college, she asked if I wanted to come with her while she got her PhD, and I asked, “Do I have to wait in the car?” (okay, that’s more of an interesting fact about what a cute little kid I was, but still…)
5. I’m pretty sure she was accused of being a communist when she was in high school.
6. She’s written a murder mystery
7. When I was little she was so afraid that some day I’d be forced to go to war that she told me that I was a pacifist and if anyone ever tries to draft me, to tell them that. I didn’t know what that was, but I knew I was one.
And, of course, there’s much more – but I just wanted to put up a quick happy birthday because she’s my mom and I like her.