Times It Is Acceptable to Say, “That’s So Gay”:
- You’re trying to tell someone “That’s okay” and you have a pretty bad cold.
- Someone has just done a spot-on impression of actress Marcia Gay Harden, from Miller’s Crossing.
- You’re at a Robert Mapplethorpe exhibit.
- You’re trying to be supportive of a friend who’s recently embraced an openly-homosexual lifestyle, but he is worried he isn’t doing it right.
- You’re in a celebrity poker game, against poker champ and former Welcome Back, Kotter star Gabe Kaplan. You believe he is cheating and accuse him of such. He angrily denies it and – spotting what you believe to be proof – you try to say, “Oh? That so, Gabe?!” but he punches you in the face before you can finish.
And that’s pretty much it.