Update: I’m An Idiot

April 27, 2012

Sooooo… I was out of town a lot this last week, and I have a cold, and my ebola has been acting up, and I have anterograde amnesia, and a whole slew of other excuses, but I forgot to update the poll for this week’s finalists in “What amusementpark-based-on-real-life would you most like to see?” which is supposed to end tomorrow.  If you haven’t already, take a moment and vote!  If you have two moments to take, do yourself a favor and look at the comments from the original ideas, they’ll give you a much fuller picture of what’s involved.

20 Comments on “Update: I’m An Idiot”

1. Michelle Gillies Says:

I wondered what happened.
    I may have to “borrow” some of those excuses for future reference.

2. tedstrutz Says:

Hey! You can vote more than once!!! That is really cool! Your excuses sucked, by the way.

3. Andrew Says:

Yeah every winter, my ebola gets really bad. Glad someone else feels my pain.

4. MJ, Nonstepmom Says:

In just afew short months, you’ll have many more excuses….sleep deprivation, “but he/she kept making this cute noise & I was trying to get a photo” sleep deprivation, “I was cleaning up the mashed peas flung on the wall”….

Oh, this baby is going to be a GOLD MINE of excuses. “Shoot, I really wanted to come to your party / office get-together / community clean up / recital, but, you know… the baby…”

5. Jackie Cangro Says:

Hey, I made the cut! It’s an honor to be included. I’d like to thank all the little people who helped me get here, including the cold that marred Byronic’s judgment enough to add my contribution to this fine list.

Why is it that even your post titles make me laugh? This was the best one yet.

7. 1pointperspective Says:

After many futile hours of campaigning last week in my failed attempt for victory with “A Tale of Two Zombie Infested Cities”, I don’t know if I really had the gas in my tank to try to stump for “Brangelina Land-ville” this week. I can only hope for a surge in votes from all three of my loyal readers to somehow give me a win this week. In the event I somehow manage to qualify for a third week in a row, I’m hoping for some kind of Buffalo Bills Bridesmaid trophy or maybe some nice parting gifts.

Who was that woman who was nominated for, like, years and years and years for an Emmy? Erica Kane? She had a song written about her, so maybe that’s in your future.

• 1pointperspective Says:

Susan Lucci played the role of Erika Kane on All My Children…it’s sad that I know that fact but struggled just a few weeks ago on knowing one Dickens novel from another!

Oh, I think that’s natural. I will have forgotten the names of my family members someday, but will still remember that Leonardo DiCaprio got his start on TV’s Growing Pains (which I have never seen), and that Sonny the Cuckoo bird goes cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs (which I have never eaten).