1. A pump-house. “Wow! A municipal building named after me! A little… windowless shack… hidden from public view… that belches fluid. For… me… wow…”
2. A disease. You found it, you made a medical advancement… but now people have to be told in solemn voices that they’ve contracted… you. Seems like scientists might see this as an opportunity to get back at bullies from their childhood. “This puny, brainless ear parasite? That’s you.”
3. A landfill. “As I stand here, on this lovely summer afternoon, I’m reminded –oh, Jesus the wind shifted! Aagh! My eyes! Oh, God, what the hell is that stench!? Gyuuaarrrgh. Anyway, thanks for throwing a bunch of broken, soiled, unwanted shit in the dirt and thinking of me.”
4. A gulch. Just the sound. Gulch. Gulch, gulch, gulch. River, lake, even a stream: all dignified and eternal. A gulch: You did something, who cares what, here’s a gulch, don’t let it go to your head, no one really likes you because you look like someone whose pants smell bad.
5. A law. If there’s a law named after you, either something happened to you, or you did something so bad people made a law to stop it from ever, ever happening again.