Spilled Ink Guy (possibly not his real name) over at Refrigerator Magnate is an artist who posts – primarily – images of his artworks with a little of the background. I first discovered him through Peg-o-Leg, when she did her “Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup” series, and have been an avid follower ever since. His use of light & texture in particular make him a site well worth checkin out. but until then…
Hey, Spilled Ink Guy, Let’s Play 20 Questions!
1. What quality do you most admire in others? I’d say honesty, but that might be a lie. Because kindness might trump it.
2. What trait do you most dislike in yourself? Look at me! Look at me! So, introversion. Obviously.
3. If you could come back in your next life as anything, what would it be? Just a dude… just a dude.
4. You’re suddenly made the absolute ruler of your country. What is the first change you make? I’d nominate a better ruler.
5. With which Peanuts character do you most identify? My wife says Charlie Brown. So I’ll go with that.
6. What 3 songs do you think you’ve listened to more than any others in your life? TOUGH question. There are ties, but my iTunes seems to think it’s ‘I got ID’ (Pearl Jam), ‘My Letter’ (Flaw), ‘Medicate’ (Breaking Benjamin) ‘If I Can’t’ (50 Cent) ‘Clocks’ (Coldplay) and ‘Let U Go’ (ATB). Like I said, TOUGH question. It’s probably not country, though.
7. What is your biggest fear? Losing family/friends and not having enough time to finish everything.
8. What would you like the title of your biography to be? Number Two: One Man’s Quest for Near Greatness
9. What movie or book has had the biggest impact on you? Can I change this to painting? Because Edward Hopper’s ‘Nighthawks’ is the first image I remember relating to on a level that made me ‘wish I could do that’.
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging/primary art form? In the blogging sense, getting to meet, learn about and share ‘work’ with different people from all over the globe. In the creative sense it’s more like something I ‘have’ to do. Or I get all twitchy and weird.
11. Least favorite thing about blogging/primary art form? In the blogging sense, not having enough time and/or worrying something I’ve said / done came across differently than intended and it offended someone / hurt their feelings. In the creative sense, not having the opportunity to work on a project makes me all twitchy and weird.
12. Which superpower would you choose if you could: the ability to fly, or to turn invisible at will? Wait? Does your asking me 20 questions mean you can see me right now? Because this cape was guaranteed to work.
13. What is your idea of perfect happiness? I’m kind of a pessimist, so I’m not sure there is such a thing…
14. Which of the 7 Deadly Sins are you most guilty? Coke Gluttony. But, you know, the legal kind, so… that’s… good… right?
15. What public figure (past or present) are you just sure you’d be friends with, if you ever met? Abraham Lincoln. The ladies dig him, you know.
16. What public figure would you really like to sit down and give a good talking-to? To explain why they’re wrong, wrong, wrong. Would we really have to sit down and talk? Couldn’t we just have an epic street-brawl instead? See how I completely sidestepped the question? I’m almost as good at that as my opponent is.
17. If you could spend a year in any time and place, when and where would you choose? Man, these questions don’t get any easier, do they? It depends… can I bring A.C. and indoor plumbing along with me?
18. If you could “steal” the creation of any book, album or movie – to just suddenly be the creator of it, what would you choose and why? Probably a Wes Anderson movie… because I’d be pretty happy with my resume.
19. If you could be any TV detective, who would you choose? Somebody who rocks a fedora. Do TV detectives still wear fedoras? Because they should.
20. What would you most like people to say about you after you’re gone? Really? That sucks.