Today’s 20 Questions interview is with the incomparable K8edid. Her site is an amalgam of humor, poetry and recipes that give you a pretty comprehensive sense of her, for being someone you’ve never met – which is pretty impressive for a blog. She claims to be a “closet writer,” but don’t you believe it. She’s the real deal.
So, Hey! K8edid! Let’s play 20 Questions!
1. What quality do you most admire in others? Honesty. Unless I’ve asked if my butt looks big, then lie to me, please. Second choice would be the ability to suck up. I love that in my friends.
2. What trait do you most dislike in yourself? I can be extremely sarcastic. But I’ve learned to temper it (usually) with compassion in consideration of other people’s feelings. Usually.
3. If you could come back in your next life as anything, what would it be? Shelby, my German Shepherd. Or a bald eagle. I’ve been rocking the white hair for many years, long before I got old enough for it, so I think I could pull it off.
4. You’re suddenly made the absolute ruler of your country. What is the first change you make? Wait. You mean I’m not already the ruler? I would outlaw Capri pants. And sandals unless you have nice looking feet.
5. With which Peanuts character do you most identify? Woodstock – always writing, always questioning; the voice of reason.
6. What 3 songs do you think you’ve listened to more than any others in your life? “Against the Wind” – Bob Seger; “Hallelujah” – Jeff Buckley; “Whiskey River” – Willie Nelson
7. If you could relive one day – either keeping it the same, or changing something – what would you choose? I think I might have chosen different parents. Not that I didn’t love my mom, but my childhood was pretty rough. So yeah, I might have gone home from the hospital with a different set of parents. Of course, I might have gotten a much worse deal, too.
8. What is your biggest fear? Making an ass of myself. I fear it because I am so good at it.
9. What would you like the title of your biography to be? Kicking It with Katy
10. What movie or book has had the biggest impact on you? To Kill a Mockingbird. Both movie and book.
11. What is your favorite thing about blogging? The people of the blogosphere – what talent! I’ve “met” so many wildly talented people that I would never have had the opportunity to get to know.
12. Least favorite thing about blogging? Seeing all my typos AFTER I hit the submit or publish or post button. And losing hours of valuable time checking out “just one more” blog…
13. Which superpower would you choose if you could: the ability to fly, or to turn invisible at will? I spent my childhood trying, unsuccessfully, to be invisible. I would like the ability to fly (see question #3) as long as no airplanes are involved. I hate flying on airplanes.
14. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Vacation with my hubby – no itinerary, no money worries, no expectations, no responsibilities. Just the two of us and the open road, good music, a cooler full of drinks, a bag of snacks. Heavenly.
15. Which of the 7 Deadly Sins are you most guilty? Hard for me to pick my favorites – with my recent health issues involving my stomach, gluttony will have to be my former favorite. So I guess sloth wins.
16. What public figure (past or present) are you just sure you’d be friends with, if you ever met? Florence Nightingale. Also George Carlin. I’d love to have lunch with both of them. But probably not at the same time.
17. What public figure would you really like to sit down and give a good talking-to? To explain why they’re wrong, wrong, wrong. Oh, there are so many. The problem is most public figures don’t get to be public figures because they listen to people – they get to be public figures because they get people to listen to THEM. But right now I would like to deliver a tongue lashing to all of our elected officials about the disgrace that is our health care delivery system, which can best be described using one word – CLUSTER.
18. If you could spend a year in any time and place, when and where would you choose? I like right here, right now. I’d like another year right here, right now.
19. If you could “steal” the creation of any book, album or movie – to just suddenly be the creator of it, what would you choose and why? I can’t wrap my head around this question. American Pie – the album. I’ve always liked the lyrics (mostly for the other songs on the album, some of which are incredible).
20. What would you most like people to say about you after you’re gone? That I was brilliant, funny, lovable, trustworthy, honest, and only mildly sarcastic.