Today’s 20 Questions interview is with the beloved Laura Tinker over at Laughter is Catching. I’ve been a fan of Laura’s(aka Tinkerbelle) for some time, as she has a fantastic ability to weave stories and bring into her narrative. Her blog can cover a huge range of topics – concerts, travel, people being mean in her comments section – but it always manages to feel personal without seeming… you know… personal. Icky personal. She also brings in a recurring cast of characters with a nice bit of ease and – dare I say? – panache.
And since panache is my favorite thing? Hey! Laura! Let’s play 20 Questions!
1. What quality do you most admire in others? I love people’s ability to see things from the other point of view.
2. What trait do you most dislike in yourself? I don’t think about things before I say them and therefore end up regretting some things when they are out in the air.
3. If you could come back in your next life as anything, what would it be? A cat. Their lives are so difficult, sitting around all day and sleeping most of the time!
4. You’re suddenly made the absolute ruler of your country. What is the first change you make? The weekends are now four days long. Thank me by sending donations of cake.
5. What 3 songs do you think you’ve listened to more than any others in your life? Mamas and Papas – “California Dreamin’” (I always am)’, John Mayer – “Why Georgia” ( I actually sound like I can sing when warbling along to this one, reeesult!) and N*Sync – “Girlfriend” (I once was a teenage girl…). Don’t judge!
6. If you could relive one day – either keeping it the same, or changing something – what would you choose? Bonfire Night. But I would change the location and go and see some of the most fantastic displays across the world. With my flying superpower. Obviously
7. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is being a cat lady!
8. What would you like the title of your biography to be? Tinkerbelle – The True Story About The Second Wife of Ryan Reynolds
9. What movie or book has had the biggest impact on you? I loved Shutter Island. And I am currently reading The Man Who Broke Into Auschwitz which is having a massive impact but is also very hard going.
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging? I love the way that a thought that is muddled if you try to speak it, it can sound like a work of art when expressed in the written word.
11. Least favorite thing about blogging? That sometimes people hate. Just as you can have your opinion, so can other people, and some people just think im an idiot! (they are so wrong!)
12. Which superpower would you choose if you could: the ability to fly, or to turn invisible at will? Fly. I could get where I wanted in lightning speed and I wouldn’t have to worry about packing enough crisps to get through plane food.
13. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Living on the beach with someone I love. No stress, no worry, just love.
14. Which of the 7 Deadly Sins are you most guilty? Sloth. I’m a girl who likes to sit in her pj’s ALL day and watch Dog The Bounty Hunter, and I don’t care who knows it!
15. What public figure (past or present) are you just sure you’d be friends with, if you ever met? Audrey Hepburn. She would tell me to think before I speak and stop singing my thoughts out loud, because it gives people the wrong opinion. Especially at work.
16. What public figure would you really like to sit down and give a good talking-to? To explain why they’re wrong, wrong, wrong. The entire KKK. I’d put their outfits in the wash with a red sock and dye them all pink, and explain to them that in time there would be a dude called Michael Jackson who would explain that it doesn’t matter if you are black or white. Peace and love.
17.If you could spend a year in any time and place, when and where would you choose? I would live in New Yoik in the Rat Pack era. I’d work the bar in a speakeasy and chatter with the gangsters.
18. You are offered the following bargain: You will record a pop song that will become a huge hit. You will become very famous and wealthy. After a year, though, there will be backlash and you’ll become a pop culture joke. You will never record another hit, and you’ll be called a one-hit wonder, but you will have the experiences, and enough money to live modestly for many years (or extravagantly for a couple). Do you accept? Hello?! Of course Rick Astley might be a joke, but he’s a damn rich one!
19. If you could be any TV detective, who would you choose? Sherlock. I love the way he can tell what a person has had for breakfast in the first ten seconds of contact. It’s a skill we could frankly all do with.
20. What would you most like people to say about you after you’re gone? That I made a difference in their life.